Sunday, January 25, 2009

7 Layer Bean Dip

This is a recipe that my friend Janice taught me and I just changed it a little bit. The best part is that the salsa I used was our homemade canned salsa. Delish! Last friday night Mario and I decided to have a date night at home. I made this dip and we sat on the couch after the kids went to bed and ate while watching a movie. I was really fun to just relax at home with good food!

Ingrdients
Ground Sirloin
packet of Taco Seasoning Mix
1 can refried beans
LOTS of cheddar cheese shredded
Sour Cream
1 jar salsa
shredded lettuce
Avacado (diced)

Directions
1. Brown meat and season with Taco Seasoning Mix, add a little water and simmer
2. Put meat in small casserole dish and cover with beans. Heat in oven at 350 for half an hour or however long it takes for beans to get heated.
3. Take dish out of oven and cover beans with a layer of sour cream, a layer of salsa, and cheese. Place dish back in oven until the cheese in melted.
4. cover with shredded lettuce and avacado (you can also top with diced tomatoes, olives, red peppers, etc.)

Serve hot with tortilla chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment